“Working at RES has provided me with the unique opportunity to engage with a diverse range of human rights organisations as well as dive into interesting and topical themes such as digital rights, freedom of expression, and international law, and has allowed me to develop a healthy and enjoyable work-life balance”.Hugh Atkinson, Evaluation & Research Associate
Impact Researcher & Facilitator (part-time) – CLOSED
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2022
Are you passionate about research, learning and human rights and looking to join a small and growing team? We are looking for a creative, sensitive and curious individual to join our team as an Impact Researcher and Facilitator.
This role will focus on qualitative research and facilitation for the evaluation projects we carry out with different human rights organisations – helping them to understand, measure and learn from their impact. This varied role might have you conducting interviews with human rights defenders and activists one day, researching new opportunities and designing research plans the next, or facilitating learning workshops to help the organisations make the most of our research findings.
As well as someone with some experience working in (or with) the NGO sector with demonstrable qualitative research skills, we are particularly interested in candidates who:
- would contribute to enhancing the diversity of the team in terms of expertise, life experience or identity
- have an interest in alternative approaches to research and evaluation, such as decolonising or feminist approaches
- have proficiency in a language other than English
You can download the full job description below.
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV/resume
- Cover letter (outlining why you are interested in this role as well as how you feel you meet the criteria in the job description) – 2 pages maximum.
- A writing sample (e.g. report, blog, research paper etc.)
We will be reviewing applications and holding interviews on a rolling basis.